• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not so Noob question bout RE leafs

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
Do the Rubicon express leafs use the same size centering pin as stock? I remember installing a set of their blocks before and I had to drill out the hole for the larger centering pin. Just wondering....
-----NorCalChris

the diameter of the pin may be larger, i had to drill out my RE shims to fit my RE center pin through...

now maybe the shims came with extra small holes to account for really small center pins. and since the head of the center pin is bigger, it only leads me to believe the pin itself has a larger diameter. i could be wrong though

Last edited:
Hmm this is interesting. I found the bit I used and its a 9/16. It is larger then the RE pin. I guess ill just pull out the blocks and leafs and compare. If possible ill install them. Thx guys.
This is highly likely. I made the mistake of drilling my perches out to 5/8", but haven't really had any issues yet. I think 9/16" is reasonable to make clearing the 1/2" pin head a bit easier (a perfect fit would be a PITA - imagine trying to manipulate the axle to line that puppy up).

Back