• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Night Snow Run

FiveNdime

NAXJA Forum User
Im thinking of doing a night snow run this Saturday night. We will probably start out of Chelatchie Prairie and end up at Sunset Falls, which is North-North East of Battle Ground a short drive. Snow levels look good and should improve by this weekend. We will probably meet in the gravel parking lot at the Chelatchie Prairie store at 5pm for a drivers meeting then head out for the snow around 5:30pm. Time of departure off the mountain is not determined but I would like to be off the mountain and headed home around 1am. These have been known to go till well into the daylight hours of the next morning so if you want to go just plan on that, you just never know what might happen :D

So Post up if ya want to go!!

Last edited:
You gonna run TSF and then do the night run ? Superman.!!!:worship::worship:

Not in the same weekend, Im not that good LOL. Ive just been craving a night snow run so I figured I would toss one out to see if I got any takers.

Not in the same weekend, Im not that good LOL. Ive just been craving a night snow run so I figured I would toss one out to see if I got any takers.

If I didn't have to work mon. and had alot of red bull I could probably pull it off if I had someone else drive from TSF to BG so i could get a nap.

But xjkid is young he could probably pull it off.

Id be down to go if I didnt just do a night snow run, I hit a tree and a buddy bent his rim and lost the tire and it wouldnt seat up right so we didnt get home till 6am. Im all night wheeled out. lol

Im sure I can grab a few people from my club to go.

I'm planning on working on my junk Saturday. If I can get it back together by a reasonable time, I might be up for this. Maybe I'll grab an open seat if need be.

As I sit watching it snow, I'm starting to get that funny feeling again. :wow:

I would love to go but am not off of work until 8pm saturday, and I need to be at work on sunday in hillsburrito at 10am. hmmm...

As of now I got confirmation of 5 rigs going on my end. I'm still hoping for some more of you guys are going!

me, Icemans and 2 other XJ owners not on this forum are going along with my buddy in his TJ.

Not looking like I'll be making this. Too many things to do tomorrow.

Hopefully the snow conditions hold out for you. The sub freezing temps are really starting to dry it out. Regardless though, it should be a blast.

Yeah, it should be a great time! We have quite a few going so far. I cant wait, I had better get my rear bumper back on for this run lol

We had a great time! We had 8 rigs 4 of them being XJ's. 2 went home about 1 hour into the trip due to a poor running motor which we couldnt figure out what it was, fouled plug was our guess. As for the rest of the night it was very fun. The snow was something to be desired since it was flufy and soft so it wouldnt pack at all and you just dug in. I did make it to the point of having snow to the top of my bumper but with both lockers on and the 35's at 6psi I was still going no where fast so we decided to bail on that road and head for another. That one was a blast having to clear trail of trees and sapplings most of the way. A nice large rock in the middle of the road shoved us very close to the edge of the cliff. We made it up that trial for a ways but as soon as I couldnt go any further in open open we bailed out. I could have gone futher with the lockers on but others behind that werent locked would have had a hard time and it was about 1am so we decided to take off down the mountain. It was a blast and I cant wait to do it again, I hope we get a freak snow storm some day or at least some fresh stuff up there to play in!

Thanks to all who came out for the fun!

Here are some photo's from the night snow run.

Fivendime making the turn on to the FS 4205

IMG_4212.jpg

Rollbarr making the same turn

IMG_4217.jpg

coming back down after we couldn't make it over the top

IMG_4223.jpg

The Dude with a big OPPS into a colvert while trying to turn around

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

Winching out

IMG_4229.jpg