• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 sensor wiring help needed

Doose-doe

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I've been searching google and NAXJA for the last 3 hours and can hardly see straight. I have a new universal 02 sensor wire colors are 2 white, 1 black, 1 grey. Now on the jeeps wiring harness some off the pins are broken so I cant make a connection and I dont know what wires to connect where. the jeep side wires are Green/white, borwn/yelow, brown/black, and black. This is the downstram sensor on a 97 4.0 5sp. I have emmissions test tomorrow and I cant figure this out. Thanks
Kevin

I don't have a 97 FSM, so I am no help on the jeep side, but if you test across any two wires on the sensor with ohms, and find about 8 ohms across 2 wires (try black and gray), those two wires will be the internal heater, and they get the 12 volt power for the electric heater in the sensor from the jeep harness. The two white wires may be the computer signal wires, and if they read over 100,000 ohms between them, like a megohm at room temp, they are probably the PCM signal wires. They would attach to a ground wire and 1 volt signal wire from the O2 harness connection.

Back