• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 problem

DT|Ac1d

NAXJA Forum User
My rig just died on my for the last time. The other day i was going to work. At the stop light I put it neutral, then went to shift into first and nothing. The spring feel and feeling of being in gear has been slowly fading over the last 2-3 weeks. Now the shifter just floats around in complete circles. Cant feel anything at all, no gears, no side springs nothin. Just floats around, I can even press the shifter all the way from console to the dash.

I've declared it dead, no more. That being said It was at the end of drive-way. and I had no reverse so I tried doing a u-turn in the backyard. Didn't make it now its stuck pointing right at the house and I cant get in any gear, so no 1st or reverse..........any ideas?

Also I'm posting it up on craigslist so if any one wants a crack at it give me an IM or email. its a 87 4.0 w/ 235 on the odometer with probably 250 actual (only been dead a year and i drive as little as possible) ax15, np231, dana 30/35, 3-1/2" procomp lift, 31" bfg KM MTR's, black steel wheels, new starter, rebuilt rear drive shaft, altenator, battery, full custom bent and mounted exhaust with flowmasters, nice deck w/ zune integrated into dash, hurst short shifter, power everything (window motors and rear door actuators need replaced)

Problem's -
2 shallow dents on passenger side and one small one on passenger kicker
paints faded
leak on rear passenger door seal
interior is intact but rough
no cloth on headliner
driver seat is torn
carpet is stained
Motor runs, but is rough was having an issue with lower power, I think its due to an exhaust leak at the head thats causing issues with the MAP sensor
Tranny needs rebuilt
spedo doesn't work think I mis-aligned the plastic gear when I installed the new input shaft for the ax15 to mount to the np231
Front end is toast needs new ball joints, rod's, rod ends and a trackbar (only 300 or so w/ alignment)

If your good at working on rigs you could easily knock this out in a couple of weeks for less than $750. I have absolutely no idea whats its worth though, any ideas?

Last edited:
On the end of the shifter there is small nylon "bushing" that pops on. Sounds like yours is gone.

Four bolts, lift out shifter, pop on nylon "bushing", reinstall shifter and four bolts.

That is if you are interested in trying it.

Otherwise this post belongs in the "For Sale" section of the NW Chapter.

Back