• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cop Hazard Flashes

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Ya'll,

I swapped out all my marker lights for LEDs. They are extremly bright and very good for other motorist. When I installed them the blinkers flash twice as fast as with the stock bulbs, but the hazards are the same.

Is there anyway to make the hazards flash like the lights on a squad car? The only thing I can think of doing is change the flasher relay to a diiferent type of flasher. Or maybe put a second flasher relay after the stock one.

I would like to make one side have 4 or 5 quick flashes then 4 or 5 quick flashes on the other side. Back and forth. In other words make them like a work truck caution lights.

Thanks

I would recommend checking your state's laws before doing any strobes or flashers similar to a work truck. They are not legal in many states, and you can be pulled over for them. I remember recently reading somewhere that the state I live in was going to start cracking down on orange strobe users.

There are already enought fix-it tickets that I can get on my rig as it is. So whats another.

I just want to make it so when I turn on the hazard flashers it will do it. And I want the turn signals to act normal.

Buy a strobe kit, one light head per corner, and install it. Wire it to a 3 way switch, the switch in my impala was set up as off/rear only/front and rear. Leave your hazards alone... No point in doing it unless you have a purpose though... I was working security. The extra visibility could come in handy in a parking lot while waiting on the cops. Helped guide them in to me.

well, usually with LED's you need to run resistor in-line to create the same resistance as stock. Which would make them flash as normal.

Back