• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running lights acting up

Driftingrz

NAXJA Forum User
well to anyone that cares thanks to you guys my comanche passed emissions 2nd time around big thanks. but another problem i am having is the running lights at first no running lights would work but i changed out one fuse and now the drivers side rears will light up but not the passenger side. all bulbs are good because blinkers and brake lights all work fine when turned on or pressed. just not running rights.. same problem up front i guess its the fog lights/running lights under the head lights. good bulbs but they dont come on... does this sound like its a problem with the dimmer switch that is used to turn on lights etc? or what else could it be

grounds in the sockets.

clean the sockets or replace them, the fronts are especially vulnerable to road nastiness.

When you turn on the parking lights do the blinker indicators in the dash come on faintly?

I had no running lights when I first got my MJ, and the weird indicator lamp thing, I cleaned the front sockets and packed the ground with copper wire and they've been fine for 4 years.

well it seems the sockets would be fine since when i press on my breaks or turn on blinkers they do come on they just dont stay lit up otherwise.. i will check the fronts though

Also bear in mind that some of the bulbs are dual-filament, so one may be working but the other may be burned out... Bulbs are cheap and might be another thing to check. If you can't recall ever having replaced a bulb that's currently on the fritz, go ahead and replace it.

well it seems the sockets would be fine since when i press on my breaks or turn on blinkers they do come on they just dont stay lit up otherwise.. i will check the fronts though

it would also seem that assuming things are fine and not checking them will not fix your problem.

Back