• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Soda blasting?

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
I wanna remove the bedliner from my jeep and was wondering what the best way to go about it would be. Id like to soda blast it, but does anyone know if that will remove the bedliner effectively? Or should I stick with chemical removal?

Thanks

Where is this bedliner, is it a spray on type or roll on ? Bedliner is rubbery like.. so media blasting it will not work very well unless its some super high power blaster or something. I would go at it with a heat gun and putty knife- it may just peel right off.

I used to soda blast boat bottoms. It will take off 5+ layers of bottom paint without any trouble. I cant imagine bed liner would stop it.

I would use aircraft remover. Warning, it will take everything off down to bare metal anywhere it is applied.

Depends what type of bedliner it is. If it's lacquer based crap out of a spray can, it'll probably come off. If it's anything that's catalyzed and commercial (rhino-liner, line-x etc) there's not a chance in hell. You're stuck with a putty knife and aircraft stripper.

Back