• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to narrow it down to one muff....

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 xj with a 5.5" lift and 33s. i am looking to put a flowmaster on because i want good quality sound and still hear my radio but are all these options or should i be looking at 1 or 2?

50 series hd
50 delt flow
50 4x8
40 delta flow
super 40
40 original
super 44

and also im sure you all know about that dent in the front pipe to clear the shaft? does that matter b/c i have a "kinda" stuck bad front o2 sensor and found one new without the dent for $50 waste? my old one is rusted but strong.

ya out of all those muffs that flowmaster makes im not sure what i want
i like the 50 series 4x8 and also the 40 series delta flow

do i need the super 40? would it benefit me?

I have the 50 series but not sure which model, it has the same inlets & outlet locations as the stock one did but they were 2 1/2" instead of 2 1/4 which is stock. It may be the HD on because it has heavy wall metal and it's fully welded, super tough too. I choose the 50 because I didn't want it to be too loud but still sound really cool, it does both perfectly. It is quite a bit louder than stock but has that great flowmaster sound you want without being to obnoxious.

Back