• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fRIGGEN re lEAF bUSHINGS-

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So in hearing rubicon may be going under, I stocked up on trac bar bushings and flex joint rebuild races, now to adress these stupid rear leaf rear bushings. They are 1-1/2 bushings I keep tearing them, and can't keep them in my jeep. Anyone come up with a alternative, or poly pivot 2 -piece bushing and sleeve setup?

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

Rubicon Express is currently closed, pending reorganization. For the latest news and current information, please visit our blog at RubiconUSA.com or follow the “blog” link in the left column of this page.

RE

Standens here in Calgary can install rubber bushing on your leaf springs. Evolution can make flex joints to fit in to your control arms and on to your track bar. Who ever takes over rubicon should redesign there flex joints to last longer then a couple of months in mud. Everything else they made is top quility

Wow, never would of thought RE would go under....It says reorganization but that could be all show.

So If anyone is looking for a solution to the 1.5" rear rubicon express leaf bushings (polyurethane) The bigger bushings in energy suspension kit# 8-2103g are a perfect fit.

Anyone out there come up with a front bushing for the rear leaf yet?

dimensions are 2" od x3 inches to 3-1/8 inch. sleeve id is 5/8 (leaf bolt)

I found a poly bushing and sleeve through performance suspension components

its 1.94 "od, 3.1" in length and 5/8" sleeve id. Think 0.06" clearance difference is bad?

Anyone out there come up with a front bushing for the rear leaf yet?

dimensions are 2" od x3 inches to 3-1/8 inch. sleeve id is 5/8 (leaf bolt)

I found a poly bushing and sleeve through performance suspension components

its 1.94 "od, 3.1" in length and 5/8" sleeve id. Think 0.06" clearance difference is bad?

it might squeeze up a little when you tighten it down. What about smearing some gorrilaglue on the bushing when you install it? It's poly, and it would expand to fill that small of a gap. Removal would be PITA later and probably involves a torch.

Back