• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires?

Blue87

NAXJA Forum User
so i just wanted to get an opinion on some tires im thinking of buying.. they are 215 75 15 bfg muds km1 .. i hear bad and good and theyre only 300 bucks so i think its a pretty good deal.. give me your outlook thanks!

Those seem a bit skinny for good mud tires.

Were they not discontinued in 2008? The only size I think they now supply in the original KM is a 255/75/17. I think the KM2 replaced it in the other sizes.

I was kiNda concerned about the width. But ive now talked the fella down to 250 for five tires and wheels. Hmm. And yeah they were discontinued in 08 I'm not familiar With the current sizes avail... BAsically the tires I have now (definite Dakota at). Are shot ( 15%tread). So I need a good tire at a good price to do some offroading and get to and from work

how where the dakota At's Im concidering a set but havent head much about them? I would pass on the tires, I think they are too skinny.

250 for tires and wheels sounds ok on a budget - if they're round and roll and have good tread it's prolly not a bad deal.

The KM2's are about 150 a piece new on tirerack.

Theyre a good tire overall.. The 2 ply sidewalk is a fault though. I never had problems but seems kinda susseptible to damage I bought mine at about 50 percent tread and ran on them for a while but they seem to weAr kinda fast

how where the dakota At's Im concidering a set but havent head much about them? I would pass on the tires, I think they are too skinny.

can't speak for the AT's, but I've been happy with the Dakota MT's for a few thousand miles, so far. They had much better traction in the ice/snow we've seen this year than I expected and have worn better than I was told by the salesperson (they told me that if I was gonna drive it on the road, I didn't want to even think about the MT's....)

Another few years, and I'll be able to speak better to the longevity of the tire, but so far-- so good:)

Those were good tires for many years before the KM2 came out. If they're new, I'd get them in a heart beat. If used, depends on how much tread is on them. That's chump change for 5 tires of any make.

I would look around for larger taller tires.. I recommend 235/75's at a minimum. But, the larger stock 225s would be alright.

Those were good tires for many years before the KM2 came out. If they're new, I'd get them in a heart beat. If used, depends on how much tread is on them. That's chump change for 5 tires of any make.

Yeah they have Some healthy tread left I'd say 85-90%

Back