• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BALANCER MARKS?

chopperz

NAXJA Forum User
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE THE TIMING MARKS ON THE BALANCER ARE POSITIONED, AT TOP DEAD CENTER? STRAIGHT UP OR DOWN MAYBE?

Lined up with the indicator on the timing cover..........

I suggest grabbing a 3/4" socket and laying underneath the Jeep while turning the engine over with the socket. Use a flashlight to spot the balancer mark from underneath. When found, mark it with some white paint or chalk. Then continue to line that mark up with the pointer on the timing cover.

Lined up with the indicator on the timing cover..........

I suggest grabbing a 3/4" socket and laying underneath the Jeep while turning the engine over with the socket. Use a flashlight to spot the balancer mark from underneath. When found, mark it with some white paint or chalk. Then continue to line that mark up with the pointer on the timing cover.

X2^^

white out is perfect for marking it (and it's usually easier to find without a trip to the store for a little jar of white touch up paint)

Back