• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Police or Export pkg

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
I see a lot of times when looking for used oem parts I see " Police or Export pkg". What exactly did you get with this package? Bigger alternator?

I see a lot of times when looking for used oem parts I see " Police or Export pkg". What exactly did you get with this package? Bigger alternator?

Both depend on year of manufacture and/or country of destination.

There isn't really one specific answer that covers everything that went on either model, but as an example: police-package XJs would typically have had larger radiators, higher-capacity alternators, and extended idle capability. Export models could have had the VM Motori 2.5TD and/or different tail lights (also as examples) depending on where they were going to be sold.

Read through the FSM and parts catalogues and you'll find some interesting equipment combinations that were definitely not for North American consumption.

Last edited:
Back