• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost power

Cherokeefever

NAXJA Forum User
Well i`ve been have an issue with my 91 XJ H.O Automatic for awhile now i turn something on and my jeep would die. So the other day it had nothing no power to anything but headlights and dome lights but nothing esle, so i`m checking everything over and finally after almost an hour we found the problem at the fuse box plug in the engine compartment under brake booster. wiggled that and got some power back. so i get that unplugged cleaned it all up and found an broken wire so i fixed that and thought that i had the problem fixed and i still got nothing. Does any one know which wires should be hot at that plug or what i need to check?

I just had a similar problem, maybe the same. Last night I went to start the jeep fired right up always runs mint. I forgot something in my house so i killed the jeep grabbed my keys and ran back inside. Came back out less than 2 mins later and i turned the key to on all lights/buzzers/gauges functioning. Turned to start and everything died.
Mines a 93 2.5l AX-15 d/30 d/35 pretty much all stock except for a RC 3" lift. Checked my fuses and relays nothing looked fu**ed up. All I had was power to dome light int. Have you had any luck resolving your issue?? I really need to get mine fixed

Took a few hours, its 7 F with constant winds of 20 mph, gusts up to 40 mph in New Hampshire lol. Turned out to be what I thought, loose connections, went through and cleaned, greased, reconnected all my major grounds and power sources. Shes running better now than before. Its incredible how much of a difference good grounds make.
As for my D30, sorry its not for sale... yet. lol

I've changed my mind. When you are ready to sell it, I'll take the front axle AND your AX15...oh and your computer and brake pedal assembly and a buncha other stuff.

A stick, 4.10's, and my 4.0 would make nicely for my 32's :yelclap:

That plug likes to cause problems, we had to open Rob Mayercik's on the trail last spring and re-tension all the terminals by pinching them back together a bit so they made better contact. It was full of really gross tarlike grease and a lot of green corrosion, but the fix got him home and he replaced the harness connectors a while later after finding that a few critical terminals had nearly completely rotted away - when he pulled them out to solder the new connector on, the wire simply fell out of the old terminal.

Back