• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Length Questions

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a 3.5" Superflex kit (RE6030), however i did not order shocks. I am thinking about getting some cheap shocks for now till i can save up some more money. I might just get cheapo Napa's, however i am not sure of what length i should order. Should i just order 3 or 4 inches over stock length or what? Any help would be appreciated, or even other suggestions of affordable shock brands. Before everyone says it, i know i should just suck it up and get OME but i have no more CASH.

The best way is to flex the rig without shocks installed and measure the longest point and the shortest point, then consult the charts for whatever shocks you like and pick the ones with the right connectors and length. What local shops recommend aren't always the right length. Rancho 5000's and 9000's are nice, but if you want cheap, I'm sure Eagle or somebody else on this board can tell you what other OEM shocks you could use.

Back