• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel hub bearing unit & Ball joints?

Fitz4238

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to the site and I am looking to replace my front wheel hub assemblies and ball joints. Looking for the heaviest duty ones that can be found. Please give me ideas? Thanks

96-4DR SE I6-4.0/AX-15 NP-231 w/SYE, Custom rear driveshaft, D30 w/4:10 yukon gears 5.5" RE Lift front & Chrysler 8.25 w/4:10 yukon gears rear w/ Detriot Locker - 5.5" RE Lift w/ 2" Blocks rear, RE shocks, Truxxux MT 33x12.5x15 on Dick Cepek 15x10 wheels, cat back exhaust, cold air intake, red top Optima, reinforced steering, Custom bumpers, Full skid plates, winch etc.

timken hubs and you can wait for synergy suspension ball joints to come out. if you need them now get spicer replacements

They already came out. You can get them from poly performance according to the pirate4x4 site. They look to have a better ball joint and their only 250 for all four which is a pretty good deal.

My jeep has 190k on it never thought about the ball joints
How often should they be done???
What about adjustable ball joints for camber adjustment???

I use Timken hub bearings (around $70-80) and Spicer ball joints. You can get the kit with both upper and lower for around $50.

Per side you mean? I just bought spicers (left and right, top and bottom) from alljeep.com for $80.

"adjustable ball joints can adjust caster and camber depending on how you put them in"

so then they would be a good idea???
What are a good brand??/

Timken for hubs you can get them from autozone with a liftetime warranty

Back