• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Traction or BDS Long arms Avail. as Upgrade?? Any other 4 Links?

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
Simple question, are BDS or Full Traction Long arm kits available as upgrades?

I have a total of 6.5" of lift:
TNT Tracbar
Stainless lines
4.5" springs
coil spacers
4.5" leafs
shackles
JKS discos
AA SYE

and right now I run Rusty's lower Control arms with stock uppers and Rough Country Drop Brackets

Im about to drop the bomb on some Detours Rockrails/Frame stiffeners and amm considering upgrading to long arms while Im at it

I really think I want a 4 link over a radius/y steup for highway use, etc...
Are the BDS or Full Traction systems available as upgrade kits? crossmember and arms only?

are there any other decent 4 links?

Thanks for input
-Brian G L

bds is available as an upgrade kit, it's about half the price of the full kit too. this is the long arm kit in my future.

Where can I find the BDS as an upgrade????? I really like the $6XX price of the rouch country stuff... lol of course... but the idea of a 4 link sounds nice.

What has the absolute BEST highway control and ride? All do well enough for my purposes off road.

WOuld the Rock Kawler 3 link track stable and smooth on the highway... no slop or wobble?

Also, and i guess i need Mark from DetoursUSA for this answer, but I wonder how easy it will be to make some of these work with his frame stiffeners/rock rails combo that uses box channeling instead of the rounded rails under the jeep????

Yes BDS makes a long arm upgrade, give them a call and they will hook you up, it about the same as the other top quality brands price wise but theirs is a true 4 link and has the best warrantee going. I'm sure the 4 link will be more stable no matter. Of course you'll want the flex joints on all 4 links off road.

since its saturday night, i suppose ill have to wait a few days to see, but what would you all guessitmate on the price? $750-850$ ??

Also, just in a nutshell, are 3 links better or worse than radius setups on the highway?

Thanks man! Now im really pndering the Rock Krawler 3 link, for price and funtionablity... I originally intended on doing the Rough Country Radius arm setup, but everyone seems to discourage radius setups

how many of them can say they have ridden, drove, and sufficiently tested both suspensions and can legitimately compare?

itll turn into a pissing match soon. but for a DD there is nothing wrong with radius. if it was that obsolete, itd have been phased out years ago instead of being the most widely available style. there are a lot of other limiting factors that would limit the suspension and cause it to bind before the arms. performance shows for flex, yes radius<3/4-link.

me personally... id be more worried about the joints themselves that are included with XXXX brand kit. also ask, do you want a belly pan or anything like that?

Staangs fab
Clayton
Rockkrawler
Iron Rock Offroad

But overall my preference is for staangs. up to you though, they're all very good companies.

All 4 of those i would rate better than BDS btw. And staangs above those.

Iron Rock??? really?? i wasnt too keen on the non-adjustable arms...

I would like a belly skid, which is why the Rough Country Kit was appealing.... $950 is getting up there to me for a tnt....

I like TNT's setup

I really just want the best ON ROAD characteristics out of longs arms... I know all will flex plenty for me...

I know the downside to Rock Krawler is the lack of belly pan

I like claytons crossmember, but damn is it pricey
TNT's radius kit is beautiful, and i already have his trackbar... but again... pricey

A link to Staangs fab???

I was considering Floechtich, or whatever it is called, his name is RedRider221(i think) on the forum somewhere.... any thoughts???

Im trying to work within a 1200$ budget or so and the rails/stiffeners are 525... so Im a littlelimited... ill hold out if i have too... but damn id hate to...lol

That BDS upgrade is nice, but pricey as well... Im sure you getwhat you pay for though.... My biggest beef with the Rouch country is the flex joints on the frame end... I know this is highly debated... me personally though.. i just feel like it would be better if all four flex joints were on the axle and some nice soft rubber bushings were in the frame

www.staangsfab.com last I check it was 850$. They change their prices based on steel prices to give you best possible deal.

If you call Eric at Staangs and tell him that budget right there I have no doubt he'll get you what you need within your budget.

Heres his number. 905-466-5578

Staangs in my opinion is far better quality than the others, plus its lifetime no BS warranty. Joints they use are way overkill too, which is nice to know.

^^^ Awesome! I appreciate it man! any pics on your rig?

Back