• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daystar lower control arms

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have any idea if these will work for a 4.5-6" lifted XJ? the daystar site - Daystar™ - Driven by Design - doesn't even state for which vehicle these are designed. i know they aren't the best out there, but i have a line on an almost-new pair for really cheap.

Says right on the linked page "Designed to work on suspensions with 0" to 6" of lift" Looks like all the other control arms that fit XJ's. Why would they not work ?

Last edited:
Says right on the linked page "Designed to work on suspensions with 0" to 6" of lift" Looks like all the other control arms that fit XJ's. Why would they not work ?

because, unless i'm missing something, it does not specify XJ or TJ, ect. these are available to me from a guy who had them on a TJ. i don't know if they are interchangable. LCAs for lifted XJs usually have a bend. without the bend, these might hit the upper side of the axle bracket. actually, they probably will. i guess i just answered my own question. :cool:

i'd still appreciate any other input on this...

Mine don't have a bend and they're fine. Most CAs for XJs don't.

Tjs and XJs are interchangeable.

I don't know why you'd bother--they're listed at ~$250 on a few places, you can pay almost half that for a better set through Ironman4x4 or multiple other places.

I don't know why you'd bother--they're listed at ~$250 on a few places, you can pay almost half that for a better set through Ironman4x4 or multiple other places.

i know.

please show me where i can get a set of LCAs with flex joints that will withstand some abuse for $50.

You dont want poly bushings,run away now!

TJ and XJ D30 control arms are interchangeable. TJ lower CA rear are interchangeable with lower CA front.

i know.

please show me where i can get a set of LCAs with flex joints that will withstand some abuse for $50.

Oh, well that is pretty cheap ;)
Then again, it's only cheap if they're what you want.

Poly is fine, just get used the different ride.

i'm not worried about poly bushings. these are for a project rig (trail-only - not the XJ in my avatar, which is also my dd) into which i'm not ready to dump a ton of money. it's already lifted 6" and has a broken LCA. for the price, i'd throw these daystars on for a while and upgrade later.

Back