• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with rear lift parts.

BrokeBrewKnow

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys looking to change the lift in the rear. As it sits now it has lift blocks with a shackle. Not sure what spring is in it. My goal is 6 6.5 inches of lift. Trying to figure out what components to use. I know im going to be using U bolt eliminators which should give me about a half inch of lift.

This is the rear suspension now.
Lift block
CIMG0809.jpg

length of shackle
CIMG0810.jpg

Also at the same time install these
IMG_6432-400.jpg

Now heres my debate should I run a 4.5 inch leaf pack with a 1.5 inch shackles, or just use a 6 inch leaf pack no shackles?

Any input would be apreciated this is new to me just (first 4x4 xj) want to get the setup right the first time around. May be a stupid noob question. But help would be apreciated.

Last edited:
Run a taller leaf pack and an MJ shackle.. or boomerang shackle.

best setup would be 3.5 inch leafs, 1.5 inch shackle, and shackle relocation... if thats not enough then i would add the u bolt eliminators.. higher arc leafs (a 6 inch leaf pack) wont flex as good as a smaller pack with a shackle and relocation brackets for the better angle. it will also ride a LOT better

best setup would be 3.5 inch leafs, 1.5 inch shackle, and shackle relocation... if thats not enough then i would add the u bolt eliminators.. higher arc leafs (a 6 inch leaf pack) wont flex as good as a smaller pack with a shackle and relocation brackets for the better angle. it will also ride a LOT better

Thank you for that info I'm new to this stuff so the info you gave me really helps me out.

Back