• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Infinity radio compatibility

XJFever

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching on the internet but had no luck. Does anyone know if an Infinity radio from a '95 ZJ would work in a '97 XJ? From the pic, it looks the same.

I have a part number, P5269434, from the ZJ radio. Anyone know the part number off of a 97+ XJ one if it's not compatible?

Any help is definitely appreciated

Not sure about the fit but I do know that an infinity system was available in the XJ.

I had 2 95 ZJ's. They had an amp under the rear seat. They sounded OK.

The reason I'm asking is because I have a part out Jeep I'm trying the speakers and amp in. It is an Infinity system, I just don't have a radio to test it out. I found the ZJ radio on craigslist-I'm just trying to figure out if it is compatible.

I have a part number, P5269434, from the ZJ radio.

Please post a picture of it if possible; there were a number of head units used in the XJ and that part number doesn't correspond with anything I have in my references.

Anyone know the part number off of a 97+ XJ one if it's not compatible?

Can't help you with direct compatibility, but there were five different radios offered on the XJ at that time depending on region, trim level, and selected options. The letters in parentheses indicate what the build code would have appeared as on an option sheet for an XJ equipped with that particular radio.

US Market:
04704383AH - AM/FM/CD/Cassette (RAZ)
56038933AB - AM/FM/Cassette (RAS)

Export Market:
04704393AD - AM/FM/CD changer control (RBJ; Japan)
04704392AD - AM/FM/CD changer control (RBA; Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay & Uruguay)
04859504AD - AM/FM/LW/CD/Cassette/CD changer control (RBL; Europe)

You'll probably want 56007653AD (amplifier) to go along with it if you don't already have it.

Late edit: I just realised you're talking about a '97. My numbers above are for a 2000, but I believe they're still valid for your year.

Please post a picture of it if possible; there were a number of head units used in the XJ and that part number doesn't correspond with anything I have in my references.

Can't help you with direct compatibility, but there were five different radios offered on the XJ at that time depending on region, trim level, and selected options. The letters in parentheses indicate what the build code would have appeared as on an option sheet for an XJ equipped with that particular radio.

US Market:
04704383AH - AM/FM/CD/Cassette (RAZ)
56038933AB - AM/FM/Cassette (RAS)

Export Market:
04704393AD - AM/FM/CD changer control (RBJ; Japan)
04704392AD - AM/FM/CD changer control (RBA; Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay & Uruguay)
04859504AD - AM/FM/LW/CD/Cassette/CD changer control (RBL; Europe)

You'll probably want 56007653AD (amplifier) to go along with it if you don't already have it.

Late edit: I just realised you're talking about a '97. My numbers above are for a 2000, but I believe they're still valid for your year.
This is the 95 ZJ one for sale-crap picture all he put up
83460755.jpg

This is the 95 ZJ one for sale-crap picture all he put up

Physically, that doesn't match any of the ones listed for the XJ. I can tell you that I removed a RAZ head unit years ago from my XJ (which has the Infinity system), and it was absolutely nothing like that one.

You're going to have to dig up pinouts for both the XJ stereo and the one from your ZJ and compare them, I'm afraid. Unless someone else here has that info, some creative Googling is going to be your best bet.

Physically, that doesn't match any of the ones listed for the XJ. I can tell you that I removed a RAZ head unit years ago from my XJ (which has the Infinity system), and it was absolutely nothing like that one.

You're going to have to dig up pinouts for both the XJ stereo and the one from your ZJ and compare them, I'm afraid. Unless someone else here has that info, some creative Googling is going to be your best bet.
Thanks for the info, it did look a little off to me. I'll have to keep looking around

Back