• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Standard Motor Products

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone comment on the quality of Standard Motor Products replacement parts? They have the best price on a TPS via Rock Auto, but I don't want to get a total POS part either. The next step up in price is a "Wells" unit, but they make Duralast so I'm really not seeing a reason to jump in price for a Duralast level item.

When I swapped engines I installed all new Standard sensors. Everything has worked great except the coolant gauge sender, which was off by about 20 degrees.

FWIW, Standard manufacturers almost all of the sensors that are sold today, including the private-label stuff from NAPA and Advanced and most of the rest, so as long as you stay away from no-name generics you'll be buying a Standard part anyway. Having said that, some of the parts are made to different specs. Also, Standard has economy and premium lines, so you need to make sure not to buy the cheapo

Back