• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel adapters/spacers

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning a Waggy 44/XJ 44 combo and after some research I've found that the most cost efficient way to match up the lug patterns are these wheel adapters...

http://billetwheeladapters.com/5-lu...dapter-5x4-5-and-5x4-75-to-6x5-5-2-thick.html

And I would get some 2 inch wheel spacers for the front to even things up and save my turning radius.

But before I spend money on these I wanna know if they can hold up to a good beating. I don't know anything about spacers so anyone who has used them before speak up.

Go America :us:

From my searchings, the Waggy D44 is appx. 2" wider than your standard D30/D35/rear D44/C8.25 combo.

From reading your post, i'm reading it that you think the Waggy D44 narrower than the D30 axle.

However, to answer your specific question, i'm running a 1.25" spacer on the rear of my 8.8 axle and it's just fine. I don't know the name brand, I bought them used.

attachment-4.jpg

attachment-5.jpg

Last edited:
I have been using SpiderTrax for several years. They are the highest recommended wheel spacers on any 4X4 forum. Having said that my question is, "Why would you not drill the axle shafts for the 5 lug instead of using spacers to widen the already wider stance?"

To answer your question,... I have never heared of that brand of spacers. And I think 2 inches may be a bit too wide.

T to the B said:
From reading your post, i'm reading it that you think the Waggy D44 narrower than the D30 axle.

I'm thinking the Waggy 44 front is roughly the same as the XJ44 rear and a spacer that thick on only one of the axles is gunna make one noticeably wider than the other.

The 2 inch adapter would be going on the rear. The front I am free to choose whatever size matches the rear the best

FYI
http://www.wheeladapter.com/
This local shop has been making adapters for years. He will make them out of aluminum or steel.
I got to watch my XJ adapters being made on a big CNC machine.
The owner is an old time pro drag racer who I remember seeing at the drags when I was much younger.

Try to find some ford outer for you Waggy axle and run a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and then convert your rear or find a matching rear axle. 2 piece wheel adapters suck!

I'm running a waggy 44 front and an xj 44 rear, with a wheel adapter up front and a spacer in the back. The wheel adapter has been nothing but a nightmare! Its separated while driving on more than one occasion

I use loctite permanent on the rear studs and torque them down to 120ft/lbs. A year and going strong now. I've already purchased 2 six lug wheels, so i'll stick with this route.

Back