• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke bolt for trackbar bracket (pics attached)

Chin13

NAXJA Forum User
While I was installing my IRO track bar I broke the upper frame side bolt. They are the ones that are both welded to a strip of metal. I tried finding it and cannot find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know what it is called or a replacement. I was thinking maybe just replace it with a bolt and washer but do not know if that will provide enough support. Thanks

P1000332.jpg

P1000331.jpg

just get a set of grade 8 bolts/washers to replace

if ya can drill holes and cut metal it wouldnt be a bad idea to make a strip like that.

it just helps spread the load and keeps the bolts from pulling through the frame

bonus points (ease of installation) if you can weld the bolts to the strip

+1 on nuts and bolts. The strip is just there so you don't need a wrench on that side.

Thanks just didn't want to replace it with nut washer and bolt and end up having it pulled through the frame. Looks like i will picking that stuff up tomorrow and see how that works.

Back