• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any one have the internal measurement of an XJ lower control arm bushing cradle?

IIRC the bushing has a stepped size. A heavy wall water pipe can be used but you need to ream it out part way through. There are a couple of places that sell the steel tube that is already reamed for around $10

IIRC the bushing has a stepped size. A heavy wall water pipe can be used but you need to ream it out part way through. There are a couple of places that sell the steel tube that is already reamed for around $10

I am looking at this because it would be a VERY cheap option... $2 or $3 worth of pipe could make SEVERAL bushing sleeves...

I am looking at this because it would be a VERY cheap option... $2 or $3 worth of pipe could make SEVERAL bushing sleeves...

That is correct......IF.....you have a lathe.

This is what I was talking about. Are we on the same page. I have bought two of these and made two in the past.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-SUCAS&Category_Code=

See the step in the diameter of the bushing

Yup, just grind down that step enough so you can press them in. You have to do it even with the end rings that RE sells for them.

Those Iron Rock pieces are nice, though.

Edit: REs:

590.jpg

I paid dearly for the proper size Seamless DOM tubing and then I machined them myself for my first set of LA's.When I made my other set of LA's I just purchased the cradles even though I still have 2' of the DOM left over,the cradles are just to cheap.
BTW:to the OP,you dont want to use pipe!

Sure they weren't talking about tube? You should probably start another thread to ask and be sure.

Back