• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would it take to fit 32x11.5 tires on 15x8 wheels(4.5 BS) on an XJ w 3" lift?

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
what would it take to fit 32x11.5 tires on 15x8 wheels(4.5 BS) on an XJ w 3" lift?

I know it will rub.. but where? front bumper? front flares? rear?

I would just like to know so I have an idea ahead of time

Re: what would it take to fit 32x11.5 tires on 15x8 wheels(4.5 BS) on an XJ w 3" lift

oh for XXXXs sake

put them on and cut where it rubs

Re: what would it take to fit 32x11.5 tires on 15x8 wheels(4.5 BS) on an XJ w 3" lift

will rub control arms.
is the jeep trimmed at all? depends on how/if its bumpstopped...

im running 35's on 3.5" of lift so you shouldnt have too many problems, but those wheels have a high BS. so at full compression you might rub on the top of the coil "bucket"

fenders, potentially rear quarters, lower control arms, inner fender/coil bucket(top)

which option would make the most sense... this is a road vehicle BTW, in Missouri (if that effects the law on fender flares)

Option 1: remove stock flares and CUT CUT CUT

Option 2: add a home made coil spacer up front and a lengthened shackle in the rear (should help rear articulation and pinion angle as well) most likely adding 1"-1.5" to the 3" I already have (but I will need to make lower control arms)

option 3: TJ fender flares and cut the fenders open to match

I just put a RE 3.5 on mine with 265/75/16, which is just about a 32, 16x8's and 4.5 bs and it doesn't rub anywhere on the street. I am sure it would with the swaybars dissconnected offroad but it is fine on the street. It is closest to the back side of the front flairs.

get less backspacing... 4" is the ticket.

youll rub the fenders... if you dont want to cut you can bump stop and get shocks with measurements to maximize droop.

you may rub control arms (with 4.5" backspacing), sway bar links, inner fenders... this will have to be fixed with your steering stops.

get less backspacing... 4" is the ticket.

youll rub the fenders... if you dont want to cut you can bump stop and get shocks with measurements to maximize droop.

you may rub control arms (with 4.5" backspacing), sway bar links, inner fenders... this will have to be fixed with your steering stops.

I made an update... the wheels are 3.75" BS

I am on 33's and a 3" lift and had to do some trimming. When I was on 31's the only rubbing that I did was the LCAs. Where in KC are you?

Im on a RE 3.5" superflex with KM2 33"x12.50s and all I had to do was bump stop the back, and trim the front fenders. I don't rub the wheel wells nor do I rub LCAs. The place I rubbed the most, before trimming, was the front wheels when I would turn the wheel it would rub the back fender. Cutting solved this rather nicely. Here is a pic of it after I trimmed. I kept the stock flares btw.

WP_000080.jpg

WP_000075.jpg

WP_000083.jpg

I kept the fender inserts as well, just trimmed them up.

oh for XXXXs sake

put them on and cut where it rubs

Problem Solved! :D

i had 32/11.5/15 on 4" BS wheels

it didnt rub on the street at all (never took this setup off road) just trim the fenders about an inch

IMG00286.jpg

rear trim is just the cut and fold
P9280362.jpg

pic is with 30"s

front is just trimed to the lipthingy

P9280361.jpg

inner pinch seam is cut and folded on the front also (no pic) but it didnt rub that before i folded it out the way

oh no here come all the pictures

some say there worth 1000 words :D and after about 20 words my fingers get tired

Back