• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Super-battery-killer-chargers

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard tell of superchargers that are electric and actually a real (not full blown) supercharger. Has anyone tried, or heard tell of trying, one of these?

http://www.myhotcherokee.com/RAM/Superchargers/1-PSI-Super-Charger-System/18149/

For 60 amps it seems lacking considering it says 800 CFM. The Flexalites I just recently installed only draw 22 (but I don't know if that's combined... but in the wiring diagram it shows both using the same wiring) and they push 2500 CFM.

I just don't see how a little ass fan like that can use 3 times the amperage in a much smaller cavity and not push at least the same. I understand the fact that it's building PSI and having to work against pressure... but it still seems like it should be more than that unless I just don't understand PSI in relation to air very well. Seems like that little thing could do with some more torque if that's the case.

...but then you have this one that eats up 56 more watts, spools at about the same speed yet makes 40-60 HP (4-5 times the HP of the other...) and costs $125 less. Something doesn't seem right with the price variances and the HP claims here.

Although I'm sure at 5PSI that would be 40-60 HP... I'm just not seeing the 5 PSI part when it runs at about the same speed as the other (which only makes 1 PSI), only uses 56 more watts (not even 10% more) and costs 125 less. Also, the other one has a dyno too. So... something about this one seems to good to be true...

Just doesn't make sense to me. I sense false advertisement.
http://www.superchargertuning.com/pages_contents/show/id/18

But I like snake oil.

I'd like to see one of these things in action. I mean I can understand it completely. It's doing the same thing our electric fans are doing, it's just much small and pulling more amperage... in a confined space.

HOWEVER... It doesn't make any mention of how it operates at anything other than WOT. It says it doesn't reduce the flow of air at all.. yet it only comes on at WOT? That has to be a lie.

But I like snake oil.

Then buy one.

In fact, buy six. Run one to each intake port from the cowl. Because you're running six of them at once in a cold air setup, that adds up to six PSI of boost. Based on your 5PSI numbers, that should be good for 50-75bhp.

:rolleyes:

Then buy one.

In fact, buy six. Run one to each intake port from the cowl. Because you're running six of them at once in a cold air setup, that adds up to six PSI of boost. Based on your 5PSI numbers, that should be good for 50-75bhp.

:roll::roll::roll::wierd:

Then buy one.

AND it's still cheaper than a supercharger. I like the way you think.

Your unibody will fold like a taco with the power of one of those, never mind what 6 will do.

Tapatalky

this there a face palm smilie-face??

nope... this should work

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Back