• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about Hose Fittings

Super mud

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm getting rid of the plastic clip fittings and any other stupid fluid related parts on my 87 4.0 aw4 xj. Also looking at doing a remote tranny filter and started looking at hose and an fittings for the system so I was wondering how much more reliable hose fittings are over barbed fittings and hose clamps which are the cheap easy way to go but those pretty anodized fittings and stainless braided lines have caught my eye especially the black/gold ones jegs got on sale which would match my tan and black jeep and I figure give me about 50hp more at least. But if I don't completley convert all the fittings like on the tranny cooler and weld an's to the fuel rail, pump and such then I figure theres no point only doing a few. So probobly just lookin at converting the tranny 14mm fittings to an onto the hard line and doin a remote filter and barbbed fittings off everything else but what do most of you guys run and what are your opinions?
Also this xj is just a DD light wheeler which I'm makin just to be reliable and capable of traveling long distances in comfort and without any problems (knock on wood)

highly recommend AN fittings to make things nice and safe, ive done trans and fuel rail on my 90. the fuel rail isnt easy, so i swapped to a H.O. rail with an adapter bracket.

for the trans, if you want a stock-ish approach, with the cooler in the same spot, use oem tubing adapters on the stock hardlines. i moved my cooler to my rear window JS style, so i used bulkhead fittings on the rear floor, and 4 hoses.

highly recommend AN fittings to make things nice and safe, ive done trans and fuel rail on my 90. the fuel rail isnt easy, so i swapped to a H.O. rail with an adapter bracket.

Hm. So the HO fuel rail has the same injector spacing, just different mounting screw placement? That makes some sense...

What year rail did you use?

Back