• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I already have a lift???

Sflxj

NAXJA Forum User
Went to install a Rough Country 3" add a leaf lift in my 96 Cherokee and I suspect I may already have an add a leaf installed. I count a total of 5 leaves with the second from the top looking different than the rest. It has straight ends whereas the others are rounded off. I believe a stock spring pack only has 4 leaves. Is this correct? It appears the front has rubber spacers which I'm going to remove and install 3" lift coils. If my suspicions are correct about the rear, I was going to remove the old add a leaf and install the brand new one. Comments appreciated.:confused:

Can you take a picture of the leaf pack and show us? Also of the front coils.

How tall is this rubber "spacer"? Tere sould be isolators in their stock, about 1/2-3/4" tall. It's there to reduce noise. If te spacer is a couple inches or there's more than one, that's likely a boost kit.

Pics of springs and spacer.
tsk208

So I guess I will remove the old add a leaf and replace it with the newer one and install the new coils in place of the spacer. Guess I won't gain any height but will have newer components.:dunce:

Back