• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel base questions.....

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
so the basics:
90 wagoneer 3.5" superflex adj CA's sye 35's beadlocks blah blah blah
DSC02520.jpg

da5419a9.jpg

i know when guys get to lifting 5"+ it becomes a goal to push the axle forwar to keep a good wheel base, approach angle and keep tires centered in wheel wells.....

granted i dont have the bumpers built yet, but is there really gonna be any real gain for me via pushing the front axle forward some????

it stuffs very evenly in the wheel well
i dont have approach and issues
and i beat the crap out of my belly skid, stretching WB wil only cause me to do that more often...

or am i just missing the big picture????

my axle is forward maybe 1.5".helps clear the inner fender when turning. cant go much more forward of that though without some steering relocation/full hydro

i know when guys get to lifting 5"+ it becomes a goal to push the axle forwar to keep a good wheel base, approach angle and keep tires centered in wheel wells.....
The main reason for me to push my front axle forward was so that I could clear the footwells with the tires and to gain a slightly better approach angle. Modifying the inner fenders is no big deal, but reworking the footwells would not really have been enjoyable.

For what you've got I don't see any reason for pushing the axle forward much, you will likely end up with steering complications if you go much more than what most aftermarket arms will allow.

Back