• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about front coils suspension on a solid axle...

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
so I have been installing my suspension lift... it is a 3" kit...

yesterday I finished the rear leafs... today I got the passenger side front springs and new shocks installed...

so I HAVE NOT got the drivers side springs and shocks installed yet... so it is just sitting in my garage... waiting for the morning...

before the lift both sides measured 17.5" from hub to fender flare bottom(lip)

with ONLY the passenger side lifted the passenger side measures 19" and the drivers side measures in at 18.5"

KEEP in mind I have NOT installed the new spring on the drivers side yet...

so am I correct in thinking that the passenger side spring which is taller and thicker is basically handling the weight of both sides... and that when I install my drivers side spring that both sides will hit a solid 20.5" (3")

It is definitely supporting more weight then it will when you have both springs and shocks of same size and type installed. I don't know if it will go up the full inch and a half, but it will for sure go up more once you are finished.

Back