• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE1358, 7.5" coil compressed height= PLEASE HELP

Nealio240z

NAXJA Forum User
Can some one run out to there xj and get a measurement of their RE 7.5" coils installed on their jeep? From bottom of coil to top of coil; bumper or not would be handy to know also. Iv been lookin everywhere trying to get a measurement before I buy them. THANK YOU !!!!

im curios as to what the question your not asking is here. are you trying to compare them to your current spring that you dont know the lift height of or something? because im sure someone is going to chime in and say, "it gives 7.5 inches of lift over stock. what else is there to figure out?"

no... when people say "I got 7 inches of lift" they are referring to the vehicle height. I need the total SPRING height as it sits in the vehicle. I currently have a spring and bushing combo and im adding long arms and full springs. I know the over all length of the RE 5.5 spring compressed is about 18". Im thinking that 18" is a little short for my set up so instead of adding a spacer to the 5.5 spring, I would like to know the height of the 7.5 coil compressed to compare... thanks

18 3/8"? They have a higher spring rate than the 5.5 though. I've got a C4x4 winch bumper and a winch.

wow really? IV got a winch and bumper too. I know the 5.5 springs have 180lb spring rate. Some ppl say they get 9 inches from 7.5 springs, this ture?

Back