• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock KJ

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
My wife's girlfriend is not new to wheeling. Her and her dad used to go until he had a stroke.

She wants to come to Winterfest.
I will make sure it passes tech.
It is her DD.

I do not know the capabilities of a stock KJ, and wanted to clear it with the people running the green trails before I told her to come wheeling.

I am pretty sure Cardboards daughter ran green in her KJ, I think it'll be fine as long as they know what to do. She should take it on rev's run.....:D

she's not newbie, she's driven a built TJ offroad. If she has the monies for the required equipment I'll tell her to come. I'll make sure it will pass tech before she drives out there. I don't know if it's got factory hooks or not.

Last edited:
KJ's are surprising offroad....rock sliders and belly armor for sure and the basically just slide over everything. My Buddy has a 07 with a 2.5 lift, sliders, all the availalbe underside armor, TJ rubi takeoffs with 265/70/16's and it more or less can run 3's at our local parks.

I belive he ran 2's and 3's with no issues at hot springs

Wheeled with a stock KJ once.

The only frustrating thing about the damn thing was the approach angle. It plowed everything. Couldn't get it through anything resembling a ditch without driving the bumper into it.

It's one of those have to accept the damage type of decisions.

Back