• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headers/IM from Clifford Performance

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
I was just looking a Clifford Performance (6=8) and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or their claims?

18-22% Avg gain on a stock 4.0 with their headers? It also doesn't state if they're using the stock exhaust or a full dual etc etc.

IM is water/coolant heated to increase fuel atomization? Has anyone heard of this?

Or are they preying on the unknowledged with these claims. ??

Anyone have any experience and understanding??

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/...?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=J258

Clifford Performance has been around since pretty close to the dawn of time... I used thier performance parts on my 1952 Hudson Hornet (308cuin 6!) back in the late 60's... The water heated IM is for a carb'd engine, not applicable to our FI engines.

I have run Clifford headers since old man Clifford opened around 1968. I have their single outlet header on my stroker (they don't make it any more), and love it. old man Clifford died a few years ago and it basicly almost shut down. It was purchased by some new folks and they don't have the experience. Claims on headers have always been suspect. On a stock engine they don't do that much but on a enhanced motor they can help a lot.

Back