• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspention joints

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at building a 3 link for the front of my jeep. Been pricing and looking at a couple different companys for them. I'm planning on using ballistic joints for the 2 lowers at the axle side( have them already) But the frame side and the upper arm I was thinking about using rod ends. Ballistic has QA1's that I was looking at and the others were ruffstuff's rod end.

How much of a difference are there going to be between the 2?

These are the 2 I'm talking about
Ballistic http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/XM-16-125-w-10-ball-CrMo-rod-end-w-kevlar-liner_p_1425.html
Ruffstuff http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=381

i use ruffstuff now because dan is awesome and thye come loaded.

no complaints.

i have also used qa1's from ballistic, no complaints. but dan from ruffstuff is more awesome and i always see my parts in a few days as opposed to a week or 2 with ballistic

they all develop slop after a while though

So i used johnny joints all around
me and ktm racer have 3 link mid arms
i got my all my stuff through poly performance
johnny joints
brackets
they have great prices and are fast on shipping
Johnny joints have given my jeep are very smooth ride now
idk about anything else
but i know heim joints are only good if your rig isnt a daily driver and strictly trail
i hope this helps out alot
oh and johnny joints are rebuildable which is an added bonus

I use Ruffstuff heims for everything. Ballistic polly joints on the axle end if a customer wants a little smoother ride.

I've run a few different brands, and the best quality flex joints are Currie, hands down. The design is simpler, and the urethane they use gives a better ride than plastic or poly cups.

I'd be leery of running heims in Indiana, if you're driving through mud pretty often. Also, I'm hearing the FK heims are lasting quite a bit longer then the QA1s.

Back