• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power door lock upgrade + Viper alarm?

White Knuckle

NAXJA Forum User
Another kudos to Greg Smith!!! WOW!

After many, many years of putting off Greg Smith's door lock POWER upgrade on my '89 Limited, because of the differences in wiring, I finally did it because I upgraded to a Viper alarm from my Pioneer stereo with built-in alarm. But the Viper lock and unlock outputs won't trigger the relays to lock and unlock the doors. I had an idea that the factory keyless entry might have something to do with it?

Which wires/terminals should I attach the Viper blue and green to? Should just be signal input, right? Driver side switch to 30 (I think mine goes to 86)?

I have 2 more relays to wire these like in the dealer install manual (not the crappy provided end-user pamphlet), but should I really need them? I hear the alarm control servos click, so I didn't fry the brain...yet...I hope... :dunno:

Back