• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 3in coil springs, HD or Regular?

robhurlburt

NAXJA Forum User
probably been asked a million times, but the search is coming up empty. Would there be any reason to NOT order the HD version? Not sure if I will get a winch bumper in the future, would the HD hinder the quality of the spring ride if i never got a bumper for it?

unless you have a 100% street driven rig with no other aftermarket parts that add a significant amount of weight, get the heavy duty springs

i have a set of 3in rustys coils if you want em man
pm if your interested
they worked great on my rig just stepped up to 6in coils thats all
had em on for about a month

the regular ones seem very soft. I got them before they sold 2 different versions, but I'd assume they are the same as what is now the non-HD version. They have not sagged or deformed or anything, but were always too soft for my liking.

I have Rusty's HD 3" springs and I love them. I was concerned with all the things I have heard on this forum but they are great! The spring rate is perfect. dont hesitate one of my best purchases. Read my sig for specifics.

John

If you have aftermarket accessories on the front, get the HD ones. I had a winch, detours backbone, front skid, and engine skid. The HD coils did not sag one bit. They stayed at 3" the whole year I had em.

I would definitely get the HD ones. I had the standard Rusty's ones years ago on my old 88, and even with no winch and bumper they were plenty soft.

I have the 3 inch HD in the front of my 89 MJ with a snow plow on it. Even when I lift up the blade only lowers the an inch or so. I like how firm they are without being harsh even when the plow is off. I would recommend them handle way better than my 3 inch rough countrys in the front of my 98 XJ.

Back