• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dash lights going on by them self.

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
hello,

i have a 1990 xj with an aftermarket remote door lock controller. when you unlock and lock the doors it toggles a relay that would flash the parking lights. that relay got filled with water in the night turning on my parking lights and killing my battery. removed the relay and fixed that problem.

but now the dash lights will flicker on and off by them self and only the dash lights not the parking lights. only when the key turns on the accessories. i replaced the switch thinking that it burned it out. but still does it. thought maybe it was a connection from the radio( has been in there for 5 years) but was not that. oddly enough when the parking lights or just the dash lights where on the radio had better reception.

so is there a relay or common place to look. or if anyone has a better wiring diagram then the hynes manual. that would be great.

thanks

Back