• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heim end for track bar with misalignment spacers?

The misalignment spacers are curved like an hourglass to clear the rod end body when it's at it's limit. If you use straight spacers the rod end will hit them if you twist it all the way to it's limit.

Use the misalignment spacers, that's how my RE1600 trackbar came and it's never been a problem in the last 4 years of hard wheeling. Use locktight on the bolt into the trackbar bracket on the body, otherwise it will come loose constantly. Take a look at the RE1600 instructions if you can find them on the website, because that's basically what you're doing to your Rusty's bar.

Here's the RE instructions:
http://www.greatlakesxj.com/tech/RE1600.pdf

i would use misalignment spacers if you will be running the stock bracket. if you had a double sheer bracket you still may need them be the proper width in the bracket

i use misalignments on mine and never had any problems in the yr i've been running it.

If you are going to bolt it on thru the stock hole(vertical bolt),then yes you need the mis-alignment spacers.This is Not the recommended method.You want a double shear bracket(horizontal bolt) and regular spacers/washers if needed to fit the bracket.Since you have a Rusty's bar why not just up-grade to a good trackbar at the same time.

The track bar won't need misalignment spacers for a track bar. No harm in running them, but there just isn't that much joint twist in that application.

If you are going to bolt it on thru the stock hole(vertical bolt),then yes you need the mis-alignment spacers.This is Not the recommended method.You want a double shear bracket(horizontal bolt) and regular spacers/washers if needed to fit the bracket.Since you have a Rusty's bar why not just up-grade to a good trackbar at the same time.

I have the HD one with the double sheer bracket. The bar and bracket are well built seems that the failures on them are at the threaded rod end. I haven't had a failure...yet. So for 30 dollars I will be able to have a worry free track bar. I orderd a 3/4 inch heim with misalignments from rufff stuff to make up the width diffrence, I will just have to turn them down/ mill off about 1/8 inch on each one.

I have the HD one with the double sheer bracket. The bar and bracket are well built seems that the failures on them are at the threaded rod end. I haven't had a failure...yet. So for 30 dollars I will be able to have a worry free track bar. I orderd a 3/4 inch heim with misalignments from rufff stuff to make up the width diffrence, I will just have to turn them down/ mill off about 1/8 inch on each one.

I guess I should have asked that. I assumed you had the basic rusty's trackbar wiht the TRE and the stock bracket.

no, you really don't need them if running the joint vertically in double shear.

Back