• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

park improvements?

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
The owner mentioned that there was going to be some improvements to the already sweet camp ground. Does anyone know if that happened and what they were? I think he said a better or bigger bath house and a palvilian?

Any new trail this year?

The new bath house, another cabin, and a washout area are planned to be completed and ready for this year. When asked about the pavillion, he said it probably wouldn't be completed for 2011. I'm going to do what I can to keep updated on the pavillion. I'd rather not have to rent a tent this year.

We haven't talked to the Black Mtn folks yet to see what new trails are planned or have been added in the last year. I don't know if they ever strip mined the other side of the mountain yet. It was to be done in three phases with new trails being added. I'm also guessing the logging should be completed by July so we should have access to that area for 2011.

I will try and have more news and updates as time goes on.

Last edited:
last time i was there in sept it was one dude putting the bath house together with a hammer..... he should at least have it framed by now.... the new map should be out too

They were working on the new maps just before last years event. They were due out in late July/August.

Ohhh new maps... yay!

I have been looking into the cabins and are they located at the same place that you all are camping? I was going to consider hauling the camper out, but the decrease in fuel milage is offset by the comforts and cost of a cabin. When I looked at their site it does not show any cabins being reserved yet...is this normal this far in advance? I have cleared the trip w/ the wife and she is cool that I go, but I want to have my ducks in a row before heading all the way out there..... it is only 2 hours less of a drive for me then Moab. Is there a pot luck dinner night or a event dinner etc?

There are two farmhouses and 4 cabins.The cabins will go quick and the farmhouses are rented already. The cabins are along the road that takes you up the mountain. They are somewhat out of the way from the rest of the general camping.

We did a potluck one night and then had a planned meal the night of the raffle. It will be set up a lot like WF. The only issue we need to resolve is either renting a tent or finding a place to hold the meal. Summer thunderstorms can pop up out of nowhere. We were lucky in 2010, it was dry and we had no rain.

There is also a cabin up at the first left going up the mountain. I rented it last year. When I booked my campsite Stephen told me he just added another one up there.

Do we need to reserve camping spots ahead of time or will that be included in the Crawl registration??

Do we need to reserve camping spots ahead of time or will that be included in the Crawl registration??

Camping you need to take care of.

I have been looking into the cabins and are they located at the same place that you all are camping? I was going to consider hauling the camper out, but the decrease in fuel milage is offset by the comforts and cost of a cabin. When I looked at their site it does not show any cabins being reserved yet...is this normal this far in advance? I have cleared the trip w/ the wife and she is cool that I go, but I want to have my ducks in a row before heading all the way out there..... it is only 2 hours less of a drive for me then Moab. Is there a pot luck dinner night or a event dinner etc?

I pulled a pop-up last year from the nooga and surprising got about 15 mpg on 33's with 4:10s. Plan on pulling it again this year. Besides it was great to be able to throw the floor jack and jack stand in the camper just in case.

I pulled a pop-up last year from the nooga and surprising got about 15 mpg on 33's with 4:10s. Plan on pulling it again this year. Besides it was great to be able to throw the floor jack and jack stand in the camper just in case.

That's odd, I got 16.5 on stock gears and 31's towing to WF! I figured that combos would do better. I would rather not hassle with my camper and as far as I know I'm in one of the farmhouses for the weekend.

Back