• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek AAT project 2/19-20

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
February 19-20

Rig Requirements 33" tires, front and rear lockers, off-road trailer to haul rocks or an MJ to haul rocks.

Limit of 15 vehicles each day.

Must be a NAXJA member.

Contact me with a PM ASAP.

Re: Holcomb Creek AAT project

Only 15 vehicles will be allowed on the run and they must be able to haul rocks (trailer or MJ).

Also damage to the trailer/bed is to be expected.

If you want to attend but can't haul rocks find someone to ride shotgun with.

You must be able to provide your own PPE,hard hat, work gloves, long pants, sturdy boots.

Awesome! Glad to see something is happening with that trail. It's a good'un. :)

It's been actively maintained throughout the closure. MyJeepRocks, the club who has it adopted, has a very dedicated maintenance crew (That's how they got that trail to begin with). One of the perks of the AAT program is you get to go in behind the gates.

They're still trying to get it opened by this summer but the tree issue has to be resolved or signed off, the road will be in shape and because of this slide even more fun than before.

Only 15 vehicles will be allowed on the run and they must be able to haul rocks (trailer or MJ).

Also damage to the trailer/bed is to be expected.

If you want to attend but can't haul rocks find someone to ride shotgun with.

You must be able to provide your own PPE,hard hat, work gloves, long pants, sturdy boots.

I'm gonna do my best to be there. But I don't wanna damage my bed...any more than it already is. :) Guess I can put down a sheet of plywood. What's a PPE?

It's been actively maintained throughout the closure. MyJeepRocks, the club who has it adopted, has a very dedicated maintenance crew (That's how they got that trail to begin with). One of the perks of the AAT program is you get to go in behind the gates.

They're still trying to get it opened by this summer but the tree issue has to be resolved or signed off, the road will be in shape and because of this slide even more fun than before.

Yes, MJR does great work. I actually wheeled Holcomb with them once. It was my first trail ever in the Jeep. I was lifted 4.5" and on 30-inch street tires aired completely up. I bounced through the trail rather than run it, but I had a great time and it was a fun learning experience. Funny how much knowledge can be gained in just a few years.

Tempting....

Maybe We can get Beamer's MJ ready and a membership done in time.

I'm gonna do my best to be there. But I don't wanna damage my bed...any more than it already is. :) Guess I can put down a sheet of plywood. What's a PPE?

Know anybody with four or six milk crates? You could put those in the bed then put the rocks in teh crates.

Note: NAXJA does not condone stealing crates from Vons.

What about carrying the rocks in the back of my jeep with the seats removed? Would that be of any assistance?

Yup just going to build one, I have all the steel laying around. Debating using the D35 I have or buy some spindles.

Eww, no way man.

If I were building one I'd use a trailer axle with brakes.

Another option if no brakes would be to use XJ unit bearings and stub shafts.

Back