• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ transfer case linkage questions

CoreyK

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 xj that had a aw4 trans in it. i swapped a AX-15 with 231 from a 95 xj, the guy i bought the swap from did not have the t case linakge. I have the automatic linkage but it just does not seem even close to fitting, i know you have to move the hole where the linkage goes into but even then it doesnt seem close. Has anyone re made the linkage setup or anything? Any help apreciated thanks.

CRASH did that a long time ago, made one link from the shifter to the t-case, worked well. I've made linkage for a couple XJ's by just using 7/16" female rod ends and 7/16" allthread rod. The holes in the linkage tabs fit a 7/16" bolt, so it's pretty simple to make linkage out of 4 7/16" bolts, 4 female rod ends, and the 7/16" allthread, and a few washers. Eliminates the problematic plastic washers in the stock linkage and makes it all very positive and durable.

Back