• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why does a rough country 2" lift kit lift the from 3" and the rear 2"?

Re: why does a rough country 2" lift kit lift the from 3" and the rear 2"?

does it list those parts or is that what you gained? i dont see a 2" kit on their site.

if your jeep is level now, i would suspect that your rear springs were in much better condition than the front before the install and you had some pretty good rake before too. if im 100% wrong, then im out of ideas. lol.

Last edited:

Did you use the Add a leaf? You probably had sagging leafs and the add a leaf could only lift it so much.

Thats the kit I'm installing now... I was afraid it would do this. Now I'm contemplating retaining my lift blocks the prev. owner had on it.

Thats the kit I'm installing now... I was afraid it would do this. Now I'm contemplating retaining my lift blocks the prev. owner had on it.

Please don't use the lift blocks. You will ruin your new springs. Just go with some lift shackles or better yet get some HDoffroad shackle relocation brackets. The RC springs are stiff and these will give you a little lift and soften up the ride.

If you're saggin waggin in the back, snag a main leaf spring from another XJ pack to help settle it. Blocks are teh suk.

no... the guy at rough country claims they do this to 'even out the ride'

if your changing the springs front and rear there should be nothing to even out, i could see the rear not getting 3" with an AAL and sagged stock leafs but not a full pack

who did you talk to at RC?

did you take before and after measurements (hub to lower flair)?

Probably for levelling. If the vehicle naturally sits tail high, they may lift the front higher so both are at the same height.

Or maybe the site is just listing what they have seen or heard reported about actual lift heights. Or maybe the site is wrong. You are reading a 3rd part description.

It is because of the add-a-leaf. If you want 3" in the rear (ha ha ha) go with a full leaf pack and be done with it

right... that is just one example of what I found...

I actually have a full leaf kit myself... according to a guy I talked to @ ROUGH COUNTRY, they do this to level out the truck

personally I think if they sell a 3" kit it should be 3" front and rear... if is is less in the front or the rear it should be called a 'leveling lift kit'

and as for this being an issue with using an AAL in the rear, not really an issue, if your rear springs are in good shape then a proper AAL can add 3" if it is made to do so

So, it sounds like you have your answer. From Rough Country, it lifts 3"/2" to make it level after the lift. If you absolutely need the extra inch out back, buy a longer shackle, it'll help you flex anyways.

So, it sounds like you have your answer. From Rough Country, it lifts 3"/2" to make it level after the lift. If you absolutely need the extra inch out back, buy a longer shackle, it'll help you flex anyways.

I think that is what I will do, might relocate the shackle mount to

Last edited:

what did you end up going with? i bought the same RC lift kit (with the full leaf springs) like a year ago but didn't really mind until now. I've heard getting a new leaf spring set would be a good idea, but shackles sound like they could be a simpler cheaper option

what did you end up going with? i bought the same RC lift kit (with the full leaf springs) like a year ago but didn't really mind until now. I've heard getting a new leaf spring set would be a good idea, but shackles sound like they could be a simpler cheaper option

wow , back from the grave...

well I ended up front at 3" exactly and just over 3" in the rear

Back