• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Laredo trim ? HELP

baybilly

NAXJA Forum User
i just picked up a real clean 89 laredo for cheap. it was a tow behind on a motor home for years. Ya i know another RENIX head ache, but after the 88 for the last 3 yrs they kinda grow on ya/ beat head against wall here/. anyway i had to replace the rear bumper and brackets and ends. from the vin plate the color is PE4= colorado red found that. the next is QE4 Trim ??? what color is that. i need to paint the new rear bumper caps to match. thanks for any help. OH YA here's the new "give me your money rig" :laugh:

89xj.jpg

I painted mine with Duplicolor Bumper Trim paint Med.Gray I think. But I also painted my flares and door bottom trim at same time.

My Xj is same year and color but way faded comparatively.

How many miles on that pig? Oh, and I think the QE4 is also the Colorado red.

I painted mine with Duplicolor Bumper Trim paint Med.Gray I think. But I also painted my flares and door bottom trim at same time.

My Xj is same year and color but way faded comparatively.

How many miles on that pig? Oh, and I think the QE4 is also the Colorado red.

Thanks, i'll look into that and see if it's close. miles 202,000 ? will these rigs rack up the miles when being flat tow????

Thanks, i'll look into that and see if it's close. miles 202,000 ? will these rigs rack up the miles when being flat tow????
yup, RENIX jeeps will. 91 and later won't because they use an electronic VSS and odometer which aren't powered when the vehicle is off.

Not really. "Less than the odo says" is a fair guess :roflmao:

These motors will go 300, 400k with good maintenance, I would not sweat it unless the oil pressure is horrible or it makes bad noises or lacks power.

Not really. "Less than the odo says" is a fair guess :roflmao:

These motors will go 300, 400k with good maintenance, I would not sweat it unless the oil pressure is horrible or it makes bad noises or lacks power.

Thanks, it runs great, i drove it home from DE to Md about 70 miles with no problems. oil pressure 40 lbs hot driving, 60 lbs cold start up. this jeep was a estate sale and the dang thing has a alarm in it and i have no fob for it? didn't know that till i put a new bat in it and opened the door. the only way i could get it shut off was to put the key in and start it. is this a jeep thing or a add on and how do i get the key fob for it? it does have the keyless entry which i have no fob for that either.

Back