• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ Renix to 94 YJ HO

lead lobber

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

First post here on NAXJA. I have an 89 XJ with an overheated Renix. I also have a donated 4.0 HO from a YJ that had an LT 350 installed. I am good friends with the owner of the YJ, got everything, harness, computer and AX10/ transfercase with SYE.

Now for the gorry stuff. What am I looking at for the swap? would it be easier to keep the Renix electronix and go from there? or gut the whole engine bay, lay in the new motor/tranny and reuse the harness from the wrangler?

Any tips/ info is greatly appreciated. TIA. Jeff

head and block will bolt in place, but still need to change out water pump and acc brackets for the XJ. re use the intake and injection and leave the wiring alone. Simplest and less annoying way to get you up and rolling again.

head and block will bolt in place, but still need to change out water pump and acc brackets for the XJ. re use the intake and injection and leave the wiring alone. Simplest and less annoying way to get you up and rolling again.

Transfer your intake and exhaust manifolds using the Renix gasket. Use your flywheel and distributor as well as all sensors. Good to go.

Transfer your intake and exhaust manifolds using the Renix gasket. Use your flywheel and distributor as well as all sensors. Good to go.

This is the way to go.

Back