• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Wheels.

r33pwrd

NAXJA Forum User
IMG00003-20110117-0927.jpg
Anyone know what brand wheels these are?

They look like generic 32 bolt beadlocks on converted soft 8s to me. A number on manufactures offer them.

depends on the axle you put them on and a majillion other things, unfortunately.

I'm running 33x11.5 retread ATs (actually a 285/75r16, measuring 33x11.4" with 8.8" tread width) on 16x8 crager V5s with 4" of backspacing (0" offset) and they fit fine. A bit of LCA rubbing but I could care less, I clear the leafsprings and have decent turning radius that's what I care about.

On the other hand, my bald 32x12.5 BFG MTs on stock 15x7 jeep rims with 5.25" of backspacing were within 1/8" of an inch of ripping the sidewalls open on the leaf spring clamps. They were so close that they left a clean ring on the sidewall where there was less road grime.

depends on the axle you put them on and a majillion other things, unfortunately.

I'm running 33x11.5 retread ATs (actually a 285/75r16, measuring 33x11.4" with 8.8" tread width) on 16x8 crager V5s with 4" of backspacing (0" offset) and they fit fine. A bit of LCA rubbing but I could care less, I clear the leafsprings and have decent turning radius that's what I care about.

On the other hand, my bald 32x12.5 BFG MTs on stock 15x7 jeep rims with 5.25" of backspacing were within 1/8" of an inch of ripping the sidewalls open on the leaf spring clamps. They were so close that they left a clean ring on the sidewall where there was less road grime.

for now im on stock axles... I will be changing the rear axle at min. but I will assume stock length axles. sounds like from what you say they will rub for sure being a 13.5?

Depends on your backspacing/offset and wheel width. Crunch some numbers and see what you come up with.

If you think you might end up rocking a Ford 8.8 rearend at any point, knock the backspacing down a bit when you order your rims. That axle is about 5/8" narrower per side iirc, personally I subtracted an inch as I was planning on running one in that rig at that point.

Using the wheel width and the backspacing you can calculate the fraction of the tire that will be "behind" the wheel mounting surface, then take the section width of the tire you're putting on it (13.5) and figure out how many inches from the wheel mounting surface the inner sidewall will be. At that point you can measure (or run the same calculations for your existing tires and rims, then check clearance on them) and figure out if you're in the clear or not.

Last edited:
Depends on your backspacing/offset and wheel width. Crunch some numbers and see what you come up with.

If you think you might end up rocking a Ford 8.8 rearend at any point, knock the backspacing down a bit when you order your rims. That axle is about 5/8" narrower per side iirc, personally I subtracted an inch as I was planning on running one in that rig at that point.

Using the wheel width and the backspacing you can calculate the fraction of the tire that will be "behind" the wheel mounting surface, then take the section width of the tire you're putting on it (13.5) and figure out how many inches from the wheel mounting surface the inner sidewall will be. At that point you can measure (or run the same calculations for your existing tires and rims, then check clearance on them) and figure out if you're in the clear or not.

problem I have id these are used wheels so I cannot change the back space. I can pass on them though if they are more of a headache to run :) Thanks for all your help! I did a ton or searching and not much infor on a 13.5 tire on a 8" wheel

cool thanks! should these with a 15x8 wheel 4" backspace 33 - 13.5 tire fit OK?

this kind of confused me /\

i know the pictures can be decieving but did you say that the wheels were 15x8? because in the pictures those tires do not appear to bulge out much for being 5.5in wider than the wheel

this kind of confused me /\

i know the pictures can be decieving but did you say that the wheels were 15x8? because in the pictures those tires do not appear to bulge out much for being 5.5in wider than the wheel

you know I thought the same thing... but the wheels says 15 X 8 on the back ?? (but it does not call out back space / offset)

Back