• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bug'Flector and Rain Guards

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
I was attaching these lovely things without realizing I had them in the wrong spot. I attached them and they're slightly off. Is there a way to remove and reattach?

Wayne P.

Is there any way to ease pulling them off. ?
Putty knife under the edge and work them. Then take some Goo Gone, rubbing alcohol or similar to remove the tape residue. Worked great for me when I pulled them off an XJ I bought and the PO had put them on. They look better in the trash. ;)

Warm area up with a hair dryer. (Warm engine/hood?) Heat will weaken the bond. Allow time for heat to soak in, but don't overheat and damage paint etc.
Use spacer to hold one end clear as you work toward the other end.
Slow and easy is the key, let the heat do the work. takes time to soak in.

Just over 100*F is good, you can hold your hand on about 2-3 seconds 'hot'.

Good Luck,
Orange

Warm area up with a hair dryer. (Warm engine/hood?) Heat will weaken the bond. Allow time for heat to soak in, but don't overheat and damage paint etc.
Use spacer to hold one end clear as you work toward the other end.
Slow and easy is the key, let the heat do the work. takes time to soak in.

Just over 100*F is good, you can hold your hand on about 2-3 seconds 'hot'.

Good Luck,
Orange
x2 heat will work best when removing them and just use something with a flat edge to work the tape off .

I see I see. I will get on this. I may even get fancy and do a write up... just to show off my kick ass XJ. After I get the axle and lift back on of course.

Do you happen to have a write-up for a moon visor? I tried asking over at pirate and all they said was something about bacon.

Tapatalky

Back