• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heading to the bone yard for some cheap lift parts... cheap lift check list?

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
ok planning to lift the Heep 'o Jeep 3" or 4"... need a parts list

this is what I was thinking so far, what do you think? any thing else or any better ideas?

front springs: ZJ v8 front coils (maybe country coils if I can find them)

rear springs: Blazer springs (least arch), rodeo springs (most arch), or Dakota springs (middle arch) (which should I could?)

I then figured I could make a some shackle relocation brackets and something similar so I could mount the leafs any way I want to

then make some coil spacers for the front

and relocate the track bar, maybe reinforce the mounts as well

then drop the tcase 1" with a home made kit (how far can you drop the tcase?)

and mkae some control arm drop brackets... I figured maybe drop them 2" or 3"

later on maybe I will fab up some hiem joint adjustable control arms (cost about $100)

Zj coils are pretty nice, they really stiffen up the front compared to the stockers. They really dont give you a LOT of lift though.

by 4 inches you MAY also want a SYE. Reset the angle on the rear dif. The front end at 4 may also need it's caster reset. Many say 7 deg work well. 4 inches seem to be the breaking point. Some report few problem other need to rework almost every aspect of there stearing /suspension to get thing just right.

i just did a "cheap" 4" lift on my cherokee. i used 1995 2wd s10 z85 option rear springs(xj main, s10 main, xj secondary, s10 3rd) and mj shackles for the rear and got 4.5" lift. it rides perfect, flexes great, and with the 1" t-case drop(which is as far as i think you should go)i have no vibes and mines a 96! the rear springs cost me 50$ from the junkyard. all the guys with lifted cherokees with add aleaves are jealous!

Back