• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Antirock

XJ-00-1

NAXJA Forum User
Installed a Currie Antirock in the rear of the XJ. I cut a hole in the "frame" and put the support tube all the way through. This supports the anti-sway bar as well as adds another stiff member to the uni-frame.
Before
0404.jpg

0408.jpg

With the tube welded in
0409.jpg

0410.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg
[/quote]

nice setup!!

I was relieved when I saw the rear coils.

I was wondering why anyone would bother on a leaf sprung xj.

Nice work!

Did you have to move the vapor canister on the drivers side to get the tube through? I've been contemplating doing the same thing on mine ( I run the Krawler 4-link as well )...and it looks like my vapor canister is going to be in the way if I put it in the same spot as you did.

Did you have to move the vapor canister on the drivers side to get the tube through? I've been contemplating doing the same thing on mine ( I run the Krawler 4-link as well )...and it looks like my vapor canister is going to be in the way if I put it in the same spot as you did.

Yes. I had to move the evap canister when I did the lift. I put it abov the axle on the drive side.

The anti-rock system confuses me, so if you weld the tube, and the link attach to the tube don't move vertically how to you get any flex/movement while they are attached?

Can you only travel to the limit of the hiems in the anti rock system?

The swaybar (the part of the Anti-rock) inserts inside the tube. It twists inside the tube. It has me thinking about doing it. I am going to go with the front XJ Anti-rock arms on mine (they bent outward). Insert swaybar into tube, grease it up and you are on your way. Are you going to put a grease-zert on the tube to keep the rod from rusting?

Are you running the factory front sway bar? Did the anti rock really make that much difference?

What length coilovers are those?

Disconnected sway bar in the front.

I don't even have the tires on. The big test will be in Moab. It tended to want to lay back on its rear down hill corner.

12" coils I think.

The anti-rock system confuses me, so if you weld the tube, and the link attach to the tube don't move vertically how to you get any flex/movement while they are attached?

Can you only travel to the limit of the hiems in the anti rock system?
The arms are not attached to the tube. The are attached to a splined shaft that runs inside the tube.

antirock1.jpg

...Are you going to put a grease-zert on the tube to keep the rod from rusting?

Good idea. I didn't think about that, but wouldn't be too hard.

Back