• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another heater question.

spikeypuck

NAXJA Forum User
I have been doing a lot of reading today trying to figure out why my heater all of a sudden stopped blowing air. Since it doesn't blow on high I eliminated the resistor as a problem. I have power at the connection to the blower motor under the hood.
I just pulled the blower motor out and ran jumper wires to the battery. When I touched them to the battery the motor works. So now I am a little stumped.

I suppose it could be a loose wire? I am just trying to see if anyone has an idea, or am I wrong in thinking that it could not be the resistor?

I had heat up till last week. When I turn the heater on I get nothing, but if I move the dial to the defrost "far right" I get the sound of a good vac leak under the dash.

I will start searching for the vac leak, and yes I did check the fuse as well as pull out the fuse block from the firewall to clean it up and fill it with dilectric grease.

1985 jeep cherokee 2.5l

Thank you for any help

Back