• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap u-joint ?'s

thicky

NAXJA Forum User
i just swaped an 8.8 in my 91 xj it has the flat yoke and the adapter in the driveshaft. i was wondwring if anyone had the part number for the comversion u-joint from napa, autozone, or advance auto. it would save me a bunch of stupid ?'s from a snot nosed computer geek at the parts store that dont know shit about parts lol thanks

You could grab the u joint flange from a ranger so it will use the 1310 joints and bolt right to the 8.8s pinion flange, that way you use all the same ones front to rear. Don't know the part number for the conversion joint though sorry

or buy one. I think it cost me like $50 local at the spicer dealer. The combo u joints are pricey, and hard to find on the trail if you need one.

The combo u joints are pricey, and hard to find on the trail if you need one.

Not really on both accounts. The correct spicer 1310/1330 joint (part # 5-134x) is like $25 and any parts store will most likely have some in stock (at least their equivalent brand).

Ive been needing to pick up a spare, I think I will be heading down the hill to Pull a part next week to grab a couple

Not really on both accounts. The correct spicer 1310/1330 joint (part # 5-134x) is like $25 and any parts store will most likely have some in stock (at least their equivalent brand).

parts store /= trail

plenty of 1310s around all the time.

Back