• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want to plow snow with my XJ.....

Craigabooey

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone recommend where i can buy everything i would need to install a plow on my 97 XJ? New or Used would be fine with me. I plan to do the install myself.....

Thanks,
Craig

Your truck doesn't have enough power or a frame. It will literally crush itself.

Not correct, except for the frame part. We have three or four XJs doing plough service around here in the Winter, and I have yet to see one kill itself in that role. Yes, reinforcing the unibody would be at least a good idea if not a requirement, but it is entirely possible to use an XJ in this capacity.

Back on topic, you may want to check out this forum depending on what you find out here. I have no idea where the XJs in question got their ploughs or who manufactured them (your local Tractor Supply or Farm Co-Op may be able to help), but you may get some good leads at that link.

I got a ex plow xj for free for parts, the thing was bagged, all he used it for was his own driveway. play in everything, pp242 jumped outta 4wd, trac bar toast, complete drive line sacked, u joints , well dont know how they were still even there. I stole the doors for half doors and that was all.

I got a ex plow xj for free for parts, the thing was bagged, all he used it for was his own driveway. play in everything, pp242 jumped outta 4wd, trac bar toast, complete drive line sacked, u joints , well dont know how they were still even there. I stole the doors for half doors and that was all.

Now, the question I'd be asking it at this point: was it shot from ploughing the driveway, or was it shot because the previous owner(s) didn't bother to maintain it? The former probably didn't help, but in all likelihood someone had just run it into the ground even before the plough was put on it.

You could get a plow from many dealers, and I think it was even a factory option but I'm not sure...

I have one that was never meant to go on a jeep sitting in my backyard waiting to go on the MJ. With my schedule as it is, it'll probably get installed sometime around April.

Bcmaxx, look where you're posting from! I would think a BC interior XJ that did even occasional plowing is going to be more stressed than a typical US east coast version (this last oddball month excepted) not to mention possibly running in either full or part time on mountain roads every day for 4 or 5 months of the year.

Bcmaxx, look where you're posting from! I would think a BC interior XJ that did even occasional plowing is going to be more stressed than a typical US east coast version (this last oddball month excepted) not to mention possibly running in either full or part time on mountain roads every day for 4 or 5 months of the year.
Yeah I tend to forget our snow and winter differs from other areas Like back east

Back